Beware the ‘Data Ditch’!
Sat between the slow-movers who have not invested in data capabilities at all, and those few who have invested and seen measurable positive impact, more than 50% of businesses have seen their data initiatives actually harm their business performance, to the extent they would have been better off not doing anything at all.
These companies have built their data ambitions on unstructured, unsafe and under-resourced foundations, and have seen their projects suffer from:
- Inaccurate and inefficient data analytics and data science, impacting productivity
- …and speed to market
- …and customer satisfaction and retention.
- All of which creates employee dissatisfaction
- …and harms the internal perception of the data leadership.
- While the wasted investment negatively impacts profitability.
This is the ‘Data Ditch’ – and the chances are, you are about to slip into it.